Thursday, May 10, 2012

Eco-friendly Project Conclusions


   I must say I was expecting a life changing project, one in which we could realize how do our lifestyle works, one in which we could notice our mistakes and do something about it. Projects that would make us conscient of how we work, of how our surroundings operate, and that would encourage us to fix, try to change, or at least decrease the consumption environment we are surrounded of. 
 I believe people should be aware of their consumption levels, not just economically speaking, but ecologically speaking. At the end, we all live in this beautiful unique creation of God, and yet we are destroying it with our own actions. There must be a way that we can know how much water or energy are we spending and saving during the day, and how much are we actually spending. And that at the end of the day, we can realize the change in a week, month and even a year! That would be awesome! There is also another factor, recycling. However, I believe this aspect is being well covered and practiced, in our country I believe it is not that much practiced. Don’t you think that if we stop destroying the place we live on would help us? For instance, if we stop burning the trees and tearing them off we wouldn’t be that hot? Just saying, I mean, it will actually help us. However, we cannot stop that instantly, but we can do other things. An example, during this ecological weeks, I‘ve been reducing energy waste, and water consumption at home has decreased. And I can share that my proudest accomplishments is the time I’ve reduced form computer and a T.V. show.   Instead of watching T.V. I would entertain myself with something else, a hobby.  I would only use one computer at a time, and my siblings would understand that only one computer at a time would be allowed, unless it was homework of real urgency.  While talking with my siblings about the ecological impact we can make to our environment, whether it is small, it is still helpful, it was comforting the enthusiasm they had on making this project work for us. And let me tell you that they never failed their promise, even the shower time agreement was fulfilled! One of the things that encourage us to keep on this project was the points I’m getting in my class (Nahh, I’m kidding). What helped us with our project was the way we saw how everything would be saved, how we changed our lifestyle. It was not hard to save water, I must say, the tough part was to save energy with computers and T.V. But our inspiration in saving as much as we can is what kind of example we can give others, or us to be able to serve as a role model to others.  Another thing is that we sometimes say we are “green”, but are we really “green”? And if we are, then how “green” are we for real? We wanted to actually be green and help our planet.  So that was practically a goal we had, become as we said we were, but that we weren’t actually being. My parents did surprised themselves when for instance I preferred walking than using the car, or when I was shouting from across the yard to close the faucet when it was not needed. They were pretty supportive, and encouraged us to keep on; they joined the green party as well. My friends kind of joined the project as well, not all of them, but some did, the majority.  This time has being very revealing and I believe it has affected my life like no other ecological experience, because we even had to count the time we flush the toilet! Anyhow, I would like to keep on saving energy, and water. Would like to even try to have a record of everything and everyone at home and see how much money we saved in the water and energy receipt. It has been a really nice experience and I recommend it to everyone, to try it and realize in what consumption degree you are.  Be nice, save, be green!

1 comment: